Columbia University’s Digital Research Repository
Academic Commons is a freely accessible digital collection of research and scholarship produced at Columbia University or one of its affiliate institutions (Barnard College, Teachers College, Union Theological Seminary, and Jewish Theological Seminary).
Columbia-affiliated students, faculty, and staff can archive the digital outputs of their research and scholarship in Academic Commons and share them with a global audience.
Your work in Academic Commons is:
- assigned a permanent URL so it can always be found.
- easily discoverable via search engines.
- freely accessible online.
- regularly backed up.
As an Academic Commons contributor, you can:
- receive monthly usage statistics for your work in the repository.
- provide colleagues around the world with easy access to your work.
- create automatic feeds from the repository to your website.
- use the repository to fulfill some funder public access requirements.
Academic Commons currently support deposit of digitally formatted content such as:
- Conference papers
- Multimedia creations
- Pre- and post-prints
- Technical reports
- Working papers
Faculty members and researchers at Columbia and its affiliates are invited to email their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Academic Commons staff will review your CV to determine which items we can deposit in the repository for you.