CDRS Handouts and Guides
- Project Process (PDF)
- Services Overview (PDF)
- Journal Services (PDF)
- Conference Services (PDF)
- Repository Services (PDF)
- Repository Services – Barnard (PDF)
- Repository Services – Dissertations (PDF)
- Repository Services – GSAS Master’s Thesis (PDF)
- Graduate Students Services (PDF)
- Wikischolars (PDF)
- Open Access Primer (PDF)
- Wikischolars User Guide (PDF)
- Journal Requirements (PDF)
- Journal Services Guide (PDF)
- Video Services Handout (PDF)
- Sample CDRS Master Service Agreement – Barebones Service Level (PDF)
- Sample CDRS Master Service Agreement – Basic Service Level (PDF)
- Sample CDRS Master Service Agreement – Simple Service Level (PDF)
- Sample CDRS Master Service Agreement – Extended Service Level (PDF)
- Sample Author Rights Agreement (PDF)
- Campus-based Publishing Resource Center A Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resource Coalition (SPARC) site providing information for libraries, presses, and other academic units interested in launching and maintaining campus-based publishing partnerships.
- Creative Commons A nonprofit corporation that provides free licenses and other legal tools to mark creative work with the freedom the creator wants it to carry, so others can share, remix, use commercially, or any combination thereof.
- CU Copyright Advisory Office A Columbia service offering guidance to help the wider community address copyright issues in furtherance of the University’s information objectives.
Digitization and Preservation
- CU Preservation and Digital Conversion Division Offers services and tools to prolong the existence and accessibility of collections for current and future Columbia students and scholars.
- American Journal Experts Professional language editing services for authors around the globe who wish to publish in scientific, technical, medical and humanities journals.
- Bioscience Editing Solutions A group of Ph.D. and M.D. editors who provide professional editing of academic manuscripts for journals in all biomedical fields, social sciences, physical sciences and humanities. Editing of industrial documents and government grants, as well.
- Bioedit Ltd. English editing and proofreading for Life Sciences and Medical papers. Each member of the science editorial team has an MD or PhD in the life sciences and has served as an author, reviewer, or editor in the past. Mention CDRS and get 10% off editing services.
- Editage. Provides specialist language solutions like English editing, manuscript writing, and publication support services for researchers, students, pharmaceutical companies, and corporations worldwide. Large in-house editing team comprising of editors with subject-specialized backgrounds, including doctors, engineers, PhDs, post-docs, Ivy League graduates, experienced peer reviewers, and BELS-certified editors.
- Enago. Specializing in English and scientific editing and academic proofreading services for ESL authors.
The Center for Digital Research and Scholarship neither endorses nor takes responsibility for these services, which are provided by commercial, for-profit companies. Use of these services does not guarantee that your work will be accepted into a CDRS-produced publication.
- Directory of Open Access Journals A searchable database of thousands of scholarly and scientific open access journals.
- Guide to Business Planning for Converting a Subscription-based Journal to Open Access A guide from the Open Society Institute.
- OASIS Comprehensive information about the theory and practice of open access.
- Open Access News Peter Suber’s blog on the latest open-access developments.
- Open Access Directory Wiki that compiles lists of open-access resources.
- SHERPA/RoMEO A database of publishers and journals that support open access.
Open Source Research Software
- Public Knowledge Project A research and development initiative directed toward improving the scholarly and public quality of academic research through the development of innovative online publishing and knowledge-sharing environments.
- The Charlesworth Group A global supplier of full spectrum publishing services, providing clients with cutting-edge typesetting technologies, XML-based workflow solutions, copyediting and language polishing, and a range of other services, all tailored to meet each customer’s specific needs.
- Green Printer Environmentally friendly printing services for individuals and organizations.
- Lulu.com Offers self-publishing tools and related services.
- CU Scholarly Communication Program The Program explores effective uses of digital technology for sharing new knowledge, and offers practical information about the opportunities and challenges presented by scholarship and research in a time of technological change.
- Useit.com Features reports, news, and other content on web usability best practices.