CDRS Handouts and Guides
- Campus-based Publishing Resource Center A Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resource Coalition (SPARC) site providing information for libraries, presses, and other academic units interested in launching and maintaining campus-based publishing partnerships.
- Creative Commons A nonprofit corporation that provides free licenses and other legal tools to mark creative work with the freedom the creator wants it to carry, so others can share, remix, use commercially, or any combination thereof.
- CU Copyright Advisory Office A Columbia service offering guidance to help the wider community address copyright issues in furtherance of the University’s information objectives.
Digitization and Preservation
- American Journal Experts Professional language editing services for authors around the globe who wish to publish in scientific, technical, medical and humanities journals.
- Bioscience Editing Solutions A group of Ph.D. and M.D. editors who provide professional editing of academic manuscripts for journals in all biomedical fields, social sciences, physical sciences and humanities. Editing of industrial documents and government grants, as well.
- Bioedit Ltd. English editing and proofreading for Life Sciences and Medical papers. Each member of the science editorial team has an MD or PhD in the life sciences and has served as an author, reviewer, or editor in the past. Mention CDRS and get 10% off editing services.
- Editage. Provides specialist language solutions like English editing, manuscript writing, and publication support services for researchers, students, pharmaceutical companies, and corporations worldwide. Large in-house editing team comprising of editors with subject-specialized backgrounds, including doctors, engineers, PhDs, post-docs, Ivy League graduates, experienced peer reviewers, and BELS-certified editors.
Open Source Research Software
- Public Knowledge Project A research and development initiative directed toward improving the scholarly and public quality of academic research through the development of innovative online publishing and knowledge-sharing environments.
- The Charlesworth Group A global supplier of full spectrum publishing services, providing clients with cutting-edge typesetting technologies, XML-based workflow solutions, copyediting and language polishing, and a range of other services, all tailored to meet each customer’s specific needs.
- Green Printer Environmentally friendly printing services for individuals and organizations.
- Lulu.com Offers self-publishing tools and related services.
- CU Scholarly Communication Program The Program explores effective uses of digital technology for sharing new knowledge, and offers practical information about the opportunities and challenges presented by scholarship and research in a time of technological change.
- Useit.com Features reports, news, and other content on web usability best practices.